We're committed to open and transparent consultation with our customers and community.
We have established a number of dedicated consultative committees, consult directly on our infrastructure projects, and host dedicated community and stakeholder forums.
Customer Consultative Committee
Our Customer Consultative Committee (CCC) was established in 1996.
The committee helps us to respond to customer needs, involve our community in project planning, understand issues raised by interest groups and access valuable community knowledge.
- Anne Fairbairn, Chair
- Nicholas Heath, Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) reprentative
- Delwyn Seebeck, Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) representative
- Jocelyn McMillan, welfare agency representative
- Bill Mithen, Welfare agency representative
- Sandra Anderson, northern suburbs tenants' groups
- Ross Stephens, residential customer representative
- Anne Miller, residential customer representative
- Gail Price, residential customer representative
- Nick Laurie, residential customer representative
Environmental Consultative Committee
The Environmental Consultative Committee (ECC) was established in 2000. It has an independent chair and members from local environment groups.
The committee meets regularly and advises on environmental issues and policy.
- Susan Howells, Chair
- Mark Trengove, Indigenous Flora and Fauna Association of Victoria
- Deborah Evans, Geelong Field Naturalists Club
- Tony Woolford, Geelong Environment Council
- Cameron Steele, Environment Victoria
- John Wade, Anglesea and Aireys Inlet Society for the Protection of Flora and Fauna (ANGAIR)
- Cate Barham, community representative
- David Goldie, community representative
- Daryl Hoffmann, community representative
- Glen Rodgers, community representative
Black Rock community reference group
The Black Rock community reference group provides input on projects in the Black Rock environmental precinct including the water reclamation plant, recycled water plant, biosolids drying facility and buffer land.
- Bob Jordan, Barwon Coast Committee of Management
- Susan Howells, Barwon Water Environmental Consultative Committee
- Cr Andy Richards, City of Greater Geelong
- David Beretta, community member
- Des King, Jirrahlingha
- Carl Retschko, Plenary Environment
- Elizabeth Ross, The Gordon
- Dean Webster, community member
- Jeff Dans, The Minya Winery
- Bill Iro, community member
Colac Community Reference Group
This group was formed in November 2012 to assist in selecting a new water source for Colac.
- Geoff Iles, Chair
- Helen Paatsch, community representative
- Bruce Lawson, community representative
- Glenn McVilly, health and recreation representative
- Tony Baldwin, health and recreation representative
- Henry Bongers, business representative
- Anthony McDonald, business representative
- Hans Fankhanel, environment representative
- Jan Greig, environment representative
- Lachlan Sutherland, farm sector representative
- Doug Chant, farm sector representative
We consult directly with our customers and stakeholders on our infrastructure projects.
Our community consultation encompasses many streams such as specialist committees, open days, public forums, news bulletins, letters, door knocks and more.
See our projects for more information.
Community and stakeholder forums
In 2009, we held our first community and stakeholder water forum, an opportunity for community members, stakeholders, industry experts and our staff to discuss issues, planning and future directions.
Since then, we have held numerous forums on alternative water supply options, integrated water cycle manangement, our 5-year Water Plan, and our 50-year Water Supply Demand Strategy, and more.