Water saving grants: apply now
Applications are now open for the 2011–2012 water saving grants program.
$250,000 is available to support to eligible businesses and community groups actively trying to reduce water usage.
The program, now in its third year, has so far seen $450,000 awarded to 15 businesses and not-for-profit groups, resulting in an estimated saving of around 450 million litres of water.
Successful past projects included:
- Bellarine Bayside Caravan Park, Portarlington: automatic shower timers
- Lorne Community Hospital: rainwater tank for emergency fire fighting
- Winchelsea Men's Shed and community garden: rainwater tank and tank-to-toilet system
- Curlewis Golf Club: sewer mining project
- Clifton Springs Golf Club: irrigation dams
- Chilwell Primary School: replacement of drinking taps
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence: rainwater tanks for residential housing
- General Practitioners Association of Geelong: dual flush toilets and water-efficient washing machine.
Applications for the 2011–2012 funding close Friday 30 December 2011.
Water saving grants program
Latest news blog