Business customers » Your bill » Commercial tenancies

Commercial tenancies

This page contains specific information for business customers who lease or rent commercial properties.

This information is for owners, tenants, owner-occupiers, and estate agents of commercial properties.

Image of a young lady working in a cafe.


Leasing / renting a commercial property

We can issue bills to the occupier of a commercial property. Commercial tenants may have an agreement with the property owner to pay all water charges. The owner must authorise Barwon Water to issue account directly to the occupier.

You can update or change your commercial tenancies details using the interactive PDF SmartForm, below.

Please complete this form if you are an owner, agent or tenant of a commercial property, and:

  • you want us to issue bills to the occupier, or
  • the occupier is vacating and you want us to issue bills to the owner.

  SmartForm: Tenancy notification


Buying or selling a commercial property

When you buy or sell a business connected to Barwon Water's supply network, you need to notify us in writing at least 2 days prior to settlement.

This is usually arranged by your solicitor/conveyancer.

We will arrange to take a reading of your water meter upon settlement. This ensures you are only billed for water used while you occupy a property (we read meters Monday—Friday)